Just like the name says, this is the chocolate chip cookie extraordinaire! Definitely one of Betty’s favorites!
cup granulated sugar.
cup packed brown sugar.
cup butter or margarine, softened.
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour.
teaspoon baking soda.
cup coarsely chopped nuts.
package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups).
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- You can form these cookies more quickly if you use a #16 cookie/ice-cream scoop. Level off the dough on the edge of the bowl for perfectly round cookies.
- If you didn’t think these cookies could get any better, try them with 1/2 cup each of semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips instead of the 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Incredibly, even more incredible!
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories / 135
Calories from Fat / 70
Total Fat / 8 g
Saturated Fat / 2 g
Cholesterol / 5 mg
Sodium / 100 mg
Potassium / 60 mg
Total Carbohydrate / 16 g
Dietary Fiber / 1 g
Protein / 1 g
% Daily Value*:
Vitamin A /4%
Vitamin C / 0%
Calcium / 0%
Iron / 4%
1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
If there’s anything we’re willing to experiment with, it’s finding just the right kind of chocolate chip cookie that suits our tastes. After baking, testing and tasting over and over again, we landed on the ultimate crowd-pleaser of a chocolate chip cookie—and that’s why we named this recipe “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies!” What makes it the best? A texture that balances tender and crunchy, just the right amount of chips and a cup of nuts for a little extra something special. Even better, this recipe is reliable enough that you can use it as a base for a little experimentation—try different kinds of chips and nuts for easy flavor twists.